Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Need Sleep

Wow, it's been a weird day-week-month-year-decade. I need to sleep. Period. I need to put my mind to rest and sleep. I need to stop by brain when I lay down on my pillow. I don't want to:
  • Hear a song (any song) repeating in my head over and over and over and over
  • Review what I need to be doing for my classes
  • Think about the kid's schedules and who is doing or driving to whatever
  • Worry about how messy and dusty the house looks
  • Stress that I ate sugar today or that I have to lose weight because my clothes don't fit
  • Be bummed that we don't have sex more than once every 10 days and be really bummed that it doesn't bother me anymore
  • Flip my pillow 20 times so I can find the cool spot
  • Feel scared that I am going to hell because God doesn't really care what happens to me because I am about the worst christian around and because I don't really understand how to get to heaven after years of camp, sunday school, church, bible verses
  • Worry about money or  taking care of Rex and Nancy or Alex's ear or Austin's stomach issues or Marty's cancer

I Want to:
  • Sleep, plain and simple. Sleep from the time I feel myself drift off to the time the alarm wakes me up
  • Feel so refreshed in the morning that I can jump out of bed and work out
  • Feel great about myself, my family, my life
  • Never take an ambien, advil pm, or other pill so I can get a fake sense of sleep
  • Feel normal

No comments:

Post a Comment